Business Office Coordinator JobSan Tan Valley, AZ
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of an ambulatory surgery center. Primary responsibilities include supervising business office support staff and assisting in the management of those related functions and processes. Reports to the Director of Operation and Finance (DOF).
- Supervises daily activities of administrative support staff to ensure smooth workflow and operation of department. Coordinates team activities and the staff-to-workload ratios to accomplish the most effective use of resources.
- Conducts all hiring, performance reviews, counseling/disciplinary action and termination of office staff. Work with direct report to manage any human resources/personnel issues for office staff.
- Completes weekly medical records submissions to the CBO for prior week's procedures and any returned and resubmitted medical records. Ensures chain of custody of medical records daily, securely storing them before designated pickup time from Atlas Medical Records courier.
- Overall manages the center patient admissions and registration process. Works directly with the CBO to align with efficient which may include but is not limited to patient admissions and registration, insurance verification, prior authorizations, scheduling, patient financial consultation, and medical records.
- Collaborate with DOF, DON, and/or CEO to manage and improve patient experience program.
- Oversees center Business Office supply inventory and ordering.
- Work with CEO to ensure compliance with all Local, State, Federal (HIPAA, AAAHC, and OSHA) requirements.
- Coordinates the resolution of Business Office issues related to physicians and their office staff.
- Manages and ensures process compliance with patient cash collections, onsite cash storage, and cash bank deposits.
- Performs all functions according to Atlas established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors every day.
- Key advocate of patient and physician experience tracking, reporting, and initiatives. Involved with implementing CEO strategy for both experience plans.
- Ensures invoices sent to the ASC are correctly forwarded/transmitted to accounts payable team and AP system. Actively works with materials coordinator to ensure supply receipts that do not have an invoice associated with them are resolved with the vendor or Atlas AP team.
- Reviews daily log information sent by CBO and is responsible for resolving any missing documentation.
- Manage mail correspondence and ensure it is emailed, uploaded, or sent to the appropriate department.
- Work on special projects as delegated by DON or CEO.
- Adheres to AIDET patient communication guidelines: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation.
Skills & Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSApply Now
- Requires a level of literacy, communication and math skills as normally demonstrated at the level of an associate degree. Requires a level of knowledge and ability normally demonstrated by at least three years’ experience in a physician's office or medical environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.