Certified Sterile Processing Technician – Float Pool East JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Come join our Float Pool team at Atlas Healthcare Partners where culture is the foundation. At Atlas Healthcare Partners, you will join a supportive team who is always willing to lend a hand. You will enjoy working alongside leaders who truly listen to your feedback, value your ideas, and actively participate in making your work experience rewarding.
This is a PRN position that requires travel between multiple facilities within the Phoenix area. We operate our outpatient surgery centers Monday through Friday with no weekends and no call. We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 shifts a month so that your schedule remains flexible. We utilize easy scheduling software along with our personal staffing office for your ease of scheduling shifts you want to work.
- Decontaminates, assembles, and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), follows protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
- Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and hospital policy.
- Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
- Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs. Directs services in a competent and professional manner while assuring OR priorities are completed in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor and relevant experience with sterilizing instruments which qualifies the candidate for the national certification exam or certified registration.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
- Must have at least 1 years of recent sterile processing experience.