Certified Sterile Processing Technician JobQueen Creek, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Ironwood is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located on the north side of the Banner Ironwood Medical Center, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in Queen Creek. This ASC can be adaptable to all specialties and offers 3 operating rooms and one procedure room. Banner Surgery Center – Ironwood prides itself on it’s friendly and efficient environment ensuring that patients feel well cared for and their procedures are on time.
Atlas Healthcare And Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-time
Pay Type: Hourly
Responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including the cleaning, decontamination, instrument identification, assembly, packaging and distribution, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician
- Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
- Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and hospital policy.
- Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
- Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires current national certification as SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor and relevant experience with sterilizing instruments which qualifies the candidate for the national certification exam or certified registration.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
- Must have at least 1 years of recent sterile processing experience.