Chief Executive Officer/Director of Nursing JobLivonia, MI
Why You'll Love This Job
Corewell Health Surgery Center in Livonia is a new, cutting-edge ASC managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. This modern facility boasts two large Operating Rooms, one Endo Suite, and a convertible Shell Space. With 13 PreOp/PACU bays and over 14,000 square feet of usable space, the ASC highlights a commitment to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service. This facility stands ready to provide Orthopedics, Urology, Podiatry, and General Surgery services in the greater Detroit area.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
This position provides leadership and direction for the efficient and effective operation of an ambulatory or outpatient site(s). Leadership responsibilities include oversight of operations, capital purchases, strategic planning, business development, and facilitating a positive image of the center within the business community. This position is accountable for attaining all site goals and objectives as set forth by corporate management, as well as ensuring compliance with system-wide policies and procedures and federal, state and accrediting body guidelines and standards. This position is also responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with the physician partnership.
- Oversees the overall operation of the site(s) to ensure that continuous, quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective services are provided. Manages provider relations to meet both operational needs, as well as the needs of the joint business partnership, where applicable. Collaborates with physicians and leaders across the organization to ensure a high-quality experience for the patient, their family and the provider.
- Provides leadership in compliance and privacy. Reports significant compliance failures and ethical concerns to the Atlas Compliance Officer.
- Implements, communicates and monitors Atlas board-approved policies, procedures and standards, as well as all governmental regulations and accrediting body guidelines, ensuring the site operations meet high standards of health care, privacy, and compliance.
- Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
- Provides leadership for the site(s) that contributes to its growth and positions it as a market leader with employees and the community. Leads physician recruitment efforts on a continuous basis to attract providers and ensure stability and growth. Analyzes areas of growth, profit and opportunity for the organization, as well as provides recommendations to corporate management, as requested. Implements such plans as appropriate and maintains accountability for growth and profit.
- Oversees the marketing activities for the site(s), utilizing resources provided by the corporate facility and affiliated, local hospitals.
- Assures financial stewardship in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Uses analytical process to assure balanced initiatives, particularly clinical excellence and financial performance. Establishes performance measures, assesses accomplishments, and evaluates operations. Develops, implements and oversees the site budget in conjunction with the established corporate budget. Ensures all budget goals are met on a yearly basis.
- Promotes high quality of service in all areas of responsibility. Supports process improvements that enhance provision of clinical services, outcomes and patient throughput. Leads innovation of improvement in operational processes to increase efficiency in the delivery of patient care and patient safety. Participates and/or leads organizational task forces or councils. Directs the planning, developing and implementation of necessary policies and procedures, activities and programs to ensure deliverance of excellent patient care.
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
• Leads the integration of innovation and evidence-based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
• Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and patient safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing, or higher, required
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- *PALS certification is required within six weeks of start date.
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare management as normally demonstrated through five to seven years of healthcare management experience.
- Requires demonstrated experience of at least one year’s duration leading and/or managing clinical operations.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
- Must possess the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.