Coordinator – Materials JobGreeley, CO
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Greeley, formerly Mountain Vista Surgery Center is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located near 10th Street and 59th Avenue, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the Greeley, CO community. This ASC is adaptable to all specialties and offers three operating rooms and one procedure room. Banner Surgery Center – Greeley prides itself on its friendly team that provides quality care to every patient and their families the minute they walk through our door.
Atlas Healthcare And Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-time
Pay Type: Hourly
- Coordinates procurement of anesthesia, routine and specialty supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Handles the department's needs for are all surgeries and procedures scheduled.
- Receives requests for special equipment and/or supplies from the department managers and procures them for the correct patient, procedure, date, and time. Works with department managers to identify any supply or equipment conflicts.
- Maintains daily HST supply/implant entries and assures entries are processed and priced accurately. Reviews costs and supports medical and implant supply procurement for requested surgeries or procedures.
- Promotes and monitors cost containment and encourages conversion to Atlas standardization of products and equipment. Attends system product evaluation meetings to relate the needs of the departments regarding product comparison substitution and availability. May also participate in the planning of supplies, equipment and materials for new construction move-ins and re-models.
- Reviews delivery receipts for ordered supplies and equipment and verifies cost, quantity, etc. prior to payment. Works with billing and auditing staff to ensure that equipment/supplies are billed to the correct patient.
- Works with Atlas supply chain team to add new items to inventory management system and ensure current items are appropriately selected when purchase orders are created. Minimizes the number of free-form purchase orders to ensure price integrity with vendors.
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules and arranges for equipment repair and replacement and coordinates alternate equipment availability or arranges to lease equipment. May maintains a capital equipment inventory file and implant log, i.e. pacemakers, artificial joints, bone implants, etc.
- Aligns with clinical team on new supplies or implants that would like to be used to ensure correct contracted pricing is uploaded into inventory management system prior to initial/new order.
- Maintains inventory count sheets and par levels for all supply locations.
- Assists with maintenance of preference cards by working with Director of Nursing, and Operating Room Manager to ensure physician preference cards are accurate and utilized.
- Adheres to AIDET patient communication guidelines: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers, both internal and external, with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core behaviors each day. If excellent service is not achieved the position requires service recovery, follow up and resolution.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not
intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Requires business, math and communication skills, knowledge and abilities as normally evidenced by an associate degree in business or procurement, or equivalent experience and training.
- The position also requires skills and abilities typically acquired with 2 years of experience in a surgery area, materials management, or related area.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and a working knowledge of surgical supplies and equipment.
- Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.