Director – Nursing JobPuyallup, WA
Why You'll Love This Job
MultiCare Surgery Center – Puyallup, managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners, is a cutting-edge facility committed to meeting the diverse healthcare needs of the Puyallup community. With 3 Operating Rooms and 7 Pre-Op and 7 Post-Op areas, this center specializes in Gynecology, Urology, Pain Management, Orthopedics, and Podiatry services. MultiCare Surgery Center - Puyallup prides itself on providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service tailored to meet unique needs of their patients.
PAY CLASS: Full-time
PAY TYPE: Salaried
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
- Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles.
- Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
- Leads the integration of innovation and evidence-based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
- Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and patient safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required.
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required. *PALS certification is required within six months of start date.
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare management as normally demonstrated through five to seven years of healthcare management experience.
- Must possess the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.