Endoscopy Technician – PRN JobGreeley, CO
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Greeley, formerly Mountain Vista Surgery Center is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located near 10th Street and 59th Avenue, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the Greeley, CO community. This ASC is adaptable to all specialties and offers three operating rooms and one procedure room. Banner Surgery Center – Greeley prides itself on its friendly team that provides quality care to every patient and their families the minute they walk through our door.
Atlas Healthcare And Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
PAY CLASS: PRN
PAY TYPE: Hourly
This position assists with prescribed endoscopic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
- Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards. Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available.
- Assists in performing endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash. Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, assists with the proper set up of appropriate equipment and positioning devices/patients in procedures rooms. Assist with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
- Supports the operations of the department by assisting with clerical duties as needed.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
- BLS certification. This position requires clinical knowledge normally associated with 1 - 2 years of previous experience in a health care setting.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
- Certification preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.