Lead – Patient Access Representative JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare Partners exists to form strategic partnerships with health systems across the nation to develop, manage and operate Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in their markets. As a key player in this rapidly growing healthcare segment, we are committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Our daily focus revolves around our core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.
In addition to fostering a workplace that encourages professional growth and advancement, we provide industry-leading health and dental benefits, paired with a matching retirement package. We look forward to you being a vital part of our journey in shaping the future of healthcare.
PAY CLASS: Full-time
PAY TYPE: Hourly
This position is responsible for supervision and performance of one or more areas of the financial clearance team; the appropriate and timely financial clearance of all scheduled accounts, ensuring that insurance coverage, authorization requirements and benefits is verified correctly and timely, and for calculating and collecting patient financial estimates prior to the surgery date. Must communicate professionally and timely with internal and external customers.
- Confirm valid coverage for services and location by contacting insurance companies and/or review electronic responses for benefit information.
- Manage patient insurance demographic information to verify authorization obligations.
- Verify that service is a covered benefit, based on knowledge of the specific insurance plan, the specific benefit package restrictions, and the timing of the service.
- Understand patient deductibles, out-of-network referrals and out-of-pocket limitations.
- Review the account and timing of last patient demographic query to identify missing standard and/or required information. If necessary, contact the patient to complete the information.
- Calculate and collect patient liability before or at the time of service. Communicate the liability and explain the calculation low and high amounts when necessary.
- Identify the potential need for assistance when the coverage/benefit is either inadequate or nonexistent for a medically necessary service, and if necessary, create a payment plan with the patient and document the agreement appropriately.
- Leads staff and the daily operations of the patient access financial clearance process.
- Responsible to review financially cleared accounts for accuracy and provide a weekly quality report.
- Trains, coaches, motivates and directs the workflow for the staff. Promotes goals and performance expectations for staff. Provides effective leadership and promotes teamwork within the department, facilities, and outside agencies.
- Support co‐workers and engage in positive interactions.
- Collaborate with team leaders in planning and decision-making to result in performance or process improvement.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Requires extensive knowledge and understanding of financial clearance normally acquired in three (3) or more years of progressive responsibility in the insurance verification, authorizations, and Point of Service collections roles. Requires demonstrated skills in supervision of similar work.
- A thorough knowledge of insurance benefits, procedure codes, and authorization requirements.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in problem resolution and training techniques is necessary
- Additional experience preferred.