Manager – RN JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Camelback is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located at Highland Avenue and 22nd Street (there is covered patient parking on the North side of the building), the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the Central Phoenix Community. This ASC is adaptable to all specialties and offers 4 operating rooms, 2 procedure rooms, 8 Preop/8 PACU Bays. Banner Surgery Center – Camelback prides itself on it’s friendly and efficient environment ensuring that patients feel well cared for and their procedures are on time.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
RN Manager, Operating Room (OR)
- Provides and facilitates patient centered care and patient flow and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support. Promotes and participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning and education. Assesses appropriate level of care for patient population. Elevates utilization or care plan issues to leadership as appropriate.
- Ensures effective use of resources, equipment, and supplies. Identifies and adjusts staffing levels needed to meet changing workload projections and provide safe, quality patient care. Ensures smooth and efficient patient care management.
- Assists with the development of budgets and ensures that targets are met.
- Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff by interpreting policies and facilitating care. Provides departmental leadership by demonstrating effective communication skills, problem solving, and proactive conflict resolution to internal and external customers in situations.
- Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
- Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of process improvement and quality management activities. Works with staff to make necessary changes.
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required.
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- PALS certification required within 90 days of start date.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical operations as normally demonstrated through 1-2 years of experience relevant to patient population. Knowledge of the requirements of applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies. Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- BSN degree, or higher, preferred.
- Minimum of two years recent OR or perioperative licensed RN experience strongly preferred.
- RN Charge, Supervisory or Management experience strongly preferred.