Market President Job USA
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare Partners exists to form strategic partnerships with health systems across the nation to develop, manage and operate Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in their markets. As a key player in this rapidly growing healthcare segment, we are committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Our daily focus revolves around our core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.
In addition to fostering a workplace that encourages professional growth and advancement, we provide industry-leading health and dental benefits, paired with a matching retirement package. We look forward to you being a vital part of our journey in shaping the future of healthcare.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
The Market President is responsible for operational strategy, orchestrating growth strategies and program development, and effective governance of centers in their Market. The role has oversight of administrative and clinical operations and performance improvement initiatives across their market portfolio of centers. Engaging the Regional Vice Presidents, the Market President has overall responsibility for all center activities to achieve market performance targets and work toward continuous improvement. This role develops and maintains a strong partnership with health system and physician leadership including Board Members and actively supports the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and support center departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision, including its financial goals.
- Scaling an infrastructure that is repeatable, reliable, and reportable.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and positive relationships with health system and physician leadership. Develops programs to foster physician engagement and satisfaction and increase employee satisfaction and patient loyalty. Guides the implementation of these initiatives across their market.
- In partnership with the Atlas Senior Leadership, collaborates with functional department leadership to operationalize the acquisition of new facilities and the expansion of service sites to include new building opportunities, lease agreements, and space and capacity management. Partners with support departments such as business development, HR, facilities, and regulatory operations to ensure a successful transition and opening of new sites. Design and implementation of such opportunities are focused to prosper growth, access to care, and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Oversees plans and implements strategic initiatives across the market to align with the goals and vision of the organization. Independently leads teams of peers and associates to guide the execution of operational, IT, marketing, patient experience, patient access, revenue cycle, and process improvement projects across all Centers in the market. Leads the development and implementation of the annual operating plan for the ASCs.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of annual operating plans across all Centers.
- Ensures overall compliance with legal, regulatory, and quality requirements. Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- The scope and span typically cover multiple regions including multi-disciplinary facilities, matrixed reporting indirect reports, and a significantly large number of providers. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership staff, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community. This position promotes a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Partners with Atlas Executive Leadership Team to provide oversight of the financial and operational performance in its clinical practices and training activities.
- Responsible for growing market revenue and works closely with various Atlas departments, including business development, managed care, and clinical, to support growth initiatives and to meet the business needs of the market.
- Provide strategic guidance for new contracts, negotiating and approving agreements as needed.
- Develops, executes, and drives innovative marketing/development plans to support growth and profitability.
- Responsible for developing and driving solutions to overcome challenges associated with a competitive, complex, and highly regulated market to introduce successful business models tailored to their specific market.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of progressive career history with a solid foundation of general management principles and strong financial acumen within the healthcare industry.
- Minimum 3 years in a Senior Leadership role.
- Experience with strategic planning and business development across various markets.
- Experience growing and scaling an innovative service-oriented business model.
- Operational and strategic experience.
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, contracts, partnerships, and corporate governance.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- Experience with leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Previous Medical Practices experience.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.