Materials Coordinator JobSan Tan Valley, AZ
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
This position is responsible for procuring and maintaining adequate levels of anesthesia, routine and specialty supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Handles the surgery center’s needs for all surgeries and procedures scheduled. Reports to Director of Operations and Finance (DOF), if no DOF, then reports directly to CEO. Note: this opportunity is located at our BANNER SURGERY CENTER – SOUTH VALLEY facility in San Tan Valley, AZ.
- Coordinates procurement of anesthesia, routine and specialty supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Handles the department's needs for are all surgeries and procedures scheduled.
- Receives requests for special equipment and/or supplies from the department managers and procures them for the correct patient, procedure, date, and time. Works with department managers to identify any supply or equipment conflicts.
- Maintains daily HST supply/implant entries and assures entries are processed and priced accurately. Reviews costs and supports medical and implant supply procurement for requested surgeries or procedures.
- Promotes and monitors cost containment and encourages conversion to Atlas standardization of products and equipment. Attends system product evaluation meetings to relate the needs of the departments regarding product comparison substitution and availability. May also participate in the planning of supplies, equipment and materials for new construction move-ins and re-models.
- Reviews delivery receipts for ordered supplies and equipment and verifies cost, quantity, etc. prior to payment. Works with billing and auditing staff to ensure that equipment/supplies are billed to the correct patient.
- Works with Atlas supply chain team to add new items to inventory management system and ensure current items are appropriately selected when purchase orders are created. Minimizes the number of free-form purchase orders to ensure price integrity with vendors.
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules and arranges for equipment repair and replacement and coordinates alternate equipment availability or arranges to lease equipment. May maintains a capital equipment inventory file and implant log, i.e. pacemakers, artificial joints, bone implants, etc.
- Aligns with clinical team on new supplies or implants that would like to be used to ensure correct contracted pricing is uploaded into inventory management system prior to initial/new order.
- Maintains inventory count sheets and par levels for all supply locations.
- Assists with maintenance of preference cards by working with Director of Nursing, and Operating Room Manager to ensure physician preference cards are accurate and utilized.
- Adheres to AIDET patient communication guidelines: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers, both internal and external, with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core behaviors each day. If excellent service is not achieved the position requires service recovery, follow up and resolution.
Skills & Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSApply Now
- Requires business, math and communication skills, knowledge and abilities as normally evidenced by an associate degree in business or procurement, or equivalent experience and training.
- The position also requires skills and abilities typically acquired with 2 years of experience in a surgery area, materials management, or related area. Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and a working knowledge of surgical supplies and equipment.
- Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.