Nursing Assistant – Float Pool East Region JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Come join our Float Pool team at Atlas Healthcare Partners where culture is the foundation. At Atlas Healthcare Partners, you will join a supportive team who is always willing to lend a hand. You will enjoy working alongside leaders who truly listen to your feedback, value your ideas, and actively participate in making your work experience rewarding.
This is a PRN position that requires travel between multiple facilities within the Phoenix area. We operate our outpatient surgery centers Monday through Friday with no weekends and no call. We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 shifts a month so that your schedule remains flexible. We utilize easy scheduling software along with our personal staffing office for your ease of scheduling shifts you want to work.
PAY CLASS: PRN
PAY TYPE: Hourly
- Completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
- Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with facility and standards of care.
- Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care.
- Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patients’ health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional.
- Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring.
- Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel. Licensed EMT- IV may assist with starting IV’s as directed by clinical leadership.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- High school diploma/GED and current BLS certification is required. One of the following credentials is required.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers.
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers.
- Medical Assistant Trained.
- Patient Care Technician Trained.
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT).
- Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical/clinical/clerical experience; preferably in a hospital, ambulatory surgery center or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service.
- Minimum of one year clinical and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure and/or;
- Minimum of three or more years of EMT-IV experience in a healthcare setting and an Emergency Medical Technicians IV (EMT-IV) License with is preferred.