Nursing Assistant – FT JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Gateway Surgery Center, located conveniently by the 202 in Central Phoenix, delivers exceptional, personalized patient care to same-day surgery patients. We offer a wide variety of outpatient procedures based on the latest evidence-based practices. The center provides the optimal environment for accessible and affordable treatment and recovery. We believe in compassionate medicine, where patients feel reassured and unrushed. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards, as the center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Additionally, our patients value the compassionate care they receive from our doctors and say they are likely to recommend our center to family and friends.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on our company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
- Completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
- Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with facility and standards of care.
- Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care.
- Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patients’ health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional.
- Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring.
- Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
- Licensed EMT- IV may assist with starting IV’s as directed by clinical leadership.
- High school diploma/GED and current BLS certification is required. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical/clinical/clerical experience; preferably in a hospital, ambulatory surgery center or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. One of the following credentials is required:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers
- Medical Assistant Trained
- Patient Care Technician Trained
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- Minimum of one year clinical and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure and/or; of three or more years of EMT-IV experience in a healthcare setting and an Emergency Medical Technicians IV (EMT-IV) is preferred.