Nursing Assistant JobGlendale, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Thunderbird is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located on the Banner Thunderbird Medical Center Campus, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the West Valley of the Phoenix community. This ASC can be adaptable to all specialties and offers 7 operating rooms, 8 Preop bays, 18 PACU Bays, and 23 hour observations. Banner Surgery Center – Thunderbird prides itself on its friendly and efficient environment ensuring that patients feel well cared for and their procedures are on time.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
- Completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
- Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with facility and standards of care.
- Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care.
- Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patients’ health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional.
- Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring.
- Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
- Licensed EMT- IV may assist with starting IV’s as directed by clinical leadership.
- High school diploma/GED and current BLS certification is required. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical/clinical/clerical experience; preferably in a hospital, ambulatory surgery center or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. One of the following credentials is required:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers
- Medical Assistant Trained
- Patient Care Technician Trained
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- Minimum of one year clinical and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure and/or;
- Minimum of three or more years of EMT-IV experience in a healthcare setting and an Emergency Medical Technicians IV (EMT-IV) License with is preferred.