Nursing Assistant Part-Time JobScottsdale, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center-Desert Vista is a beautiful new Ambulatory Surgery Center located in central/north Scottsdale specializing in Orthopedic and Pain procedures in their two Operating Rooms. With an amazing culture, Desert Vista prides itself on its teamwork and a family environment. This position will be Monday through Friday during the days with no holidays and is located minutes from the 101. This truly is a fantastic job and a special place to work.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
PAY CLASS: Part-time
PAY TYPE: Hourly
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing department.
- Completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
- Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with facility and standards of care.
- Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care.
- Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patients’ health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional.
- Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring.
- Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel. Licensed EMT- IV may assist with starting IV’s as directed by clinical leadership.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers.
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers.
- Medical Assistant Trained.
- Patient Care Technician Trained.
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT).
- Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical/clinical/clerical experience; preferably in a hospital, ambulatory surgery center or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service.
- High school diploma/GED and current BLS certification is required. One of the following credentials is required.
- Minimum of one year clinical and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure and/or;
- Minimum of three or more years of EMT-IV experience in a healthcare setting and an Emergency Medical Technicians IV (EMT-IV) License with is preferred.