Registered Nurse – OR JobTempe, AZ
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
RN OR Circulator
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
- Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family, and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for are realistic, measurable, and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of care. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation, and supervision of the activities of the health care team.
- Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
- Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in department or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- In some locations, this position may provide relief charge for staff and workflow of the department.
- or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required.
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- PALS certification required within of start date.
- Minimum one-year licensed RN experience in OR (other procedural areas consider with Support Center Clinical Educator approval)
- Licensed RN with no experience in OR and enrolled in PeriOp101 program with successful completion within 4 months.
- New licensed RN enrolled in the PeriOp101 program with successful completion within 4 months.
- Additional OR perioperative licensed RN experience is strongly preferred.