Registered Nurse – PreOp/PACU JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Come join our Float Pool team at Atlas Healthcare Partners where culture is the foundation. At Atlas Healthcare Partners, you will join a supportive team who is always willing to lend a hand. You will enjoy working alongside leaders who truly listen to your feedback, value your ideas, and actively participate in making your work experience rewarding.
We operate our outpatient surgery centers Monday through Friday with no weekends and no call.
PAY CLASS: Full-time
PAY TYPE: Hourly
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and post-operative planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
- Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of care. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
- Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
- Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- In some locations, this position may provide relief charge for staff and work flow of the department.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required.
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- *PALS certification required within 90 days of start date.
- Core (FT/PT): Minimum one-year licensed RN experience in PreOp/PACU (i.e. ICU, ED)
- Licensed RN with no experience in PreOp/PACU and enrolled in Perianesthesia Academy with successful completion within 4 months.
- New licensed RN enrolled in the Perianesthesia Academy with successful completion within 4 months.
- PreOp/PACU licensed RN experience strongly preferred.