Registered Nurse – Total Joint Program Coordinator JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Gateway Surgery Center, located conveniently by the 202 in Central Phoenix, delivers exceptional, personalized patient care to same-day surgery patients. We offer a wide variety of outpatient procedures based on the latest evidence-based practices. The center provides the optimal environment for accessible and affordable treatment and recovery. We believe in compassionate medicine, where patients feel reassured and unrushed. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards, as the center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Additionally, our patients value the compassionate care they receive from our doctors and say they are likely to recommend our center to family and friends.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on our company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Sign-on Bonus $5,000
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
This position reports to the DON. The Total Joint Program Coordinator provides clinical expertise and leadership within the interdisciplinary team responsible for the development, ongoing evaluation, and improvement of the Total Joint Program. The primary responsibilities of the Total Joint Program Coordinator include: 1) to work in collaboration with the Total Joint Program physician leadership to promote optimal orthopedic care and to ensure integration throughout the organization, 2) to support improvement of clinical outcomes through the development, implementation and refinement of best practices/processes centered around evidence-based practice for the care of orthopedic patients, 3) to assist with the implementation and evaluation of initiatives to improve quality care, including disease specific care certification, and 4) to serve as a role model, educator and resource to support professional development. The Total Joint Coordinator possesses an in-depth understanding of clinical practice in the area of orthopedics.
The Total Joint Program Coordinator ensures that the needs of patients are met throughout the continuum of care. The Total Joint Program Coordinator has daily responsibility for the efficient and timely coordination of patient care, direct patient care, documentation of clinical services, triage, and data collection. The Total Joint Program Coordinator communicates effectively with all faculty and staff, using tact, discretion, and diplomacy, is skilled in problem solving techniques and team development and provides feedback to both staff and administration.
- Coordinates all ambulatory aspects of the total joint replacement program.
- Coordinates and facilities patient care between multiple disciplines including ASC nursing, admissions, and other related services.
- Works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team across all practice settings to ensure the goals of the total joint program and patient outcomes are being met.
- Identifies and implements measures to make improvements in the areas of safety and quality.
- Oversees and participates directly to provide individual and group education to ASC patients undergoing total joint replacements.
- Serves as primary resource to all surgery schedulers for total joint replacement procedures.
- Collaborates with attending physicians for measures to identify and monitor pre-op and post-op functional outcome measures.
- Performs proactive pre-operative and post-operative phone calls to patients.
- a leading resource for monitoring education materials/programs to make sure the content is current and makes changes when needed.
- Participates in the ongoing implementation of current regulatory standards.
- Enters data into computer, prepares reports, conducts analytical studies, and summarizes surveillance data.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards, and pick lists are accurate.
- Maintains and monitors inventory areas, which includes purchase order processing, receiving of goods, tracking/expediting of orders, updating MMIS system, HST supply/implant entry, and cost-effective PAR levels.
- Assists with the research and implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency, standardization, and reduce cost
- Meets with vendors to discuss new product purchases and trials and ensure compliance with contracts.
- Performs monthly review of supplies against General Ledger, Budget, and discrepancies and assures adequate inventory.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each day.
To be successful in this role, the Total Joint Program Coordinator must:
- Engage in continuing education and ongoing professional development to maintain skill and knowledge base in orthopedic care; minimum of 8 hours annually.
- Remain current on the national quality standards and requirements for data reporting and disease specific care certification.
- or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required.
- Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- PALS certification required within of start date if caring for children.
- Core (FT/PT): Minimum one-year licensed RN experience in Ortho Med Surg (i.e. /PACU, ICU, ED)
- Three years recent Ortho Med Surg, /PACU, ED or critical care licensed RN experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in Orthopedics, Ambulatory Surgery Center with total hip and total knee replacement