Representative – Accounts Payable JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-time
Pay Type: Hourly
This Representative – Accounts Payable position is responsible for managing daily work load, facilitating customer service, providing technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned area with limited supervision.
- Manages work load and ensures efficient operations by utilizing corporate, regional, departmental and regulatory policies and procedures while making independent decisions and ensures adherence to those policy.
- Sets up and maintains vendor files to meet regulatory and company requirements with vendors, employees, and department heads and corporate leadership to solve problems within assigned area.
- Acts as department technical resource in providing analysis to assigned external customers such as vendors, employees, materials management, legal, finance and corporate management.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of department documents by matching invoices to receipts, confirms costs and quantities, ensuring completeness of supporting documentation, validates general ledger account numbers, verifies existence and validity of contract briefs and/or purchase orders and authorized signatures on payment requests.
- Identifies and researches all non-compliance issues and works directly with the vendor and department heads on best resolution to bring issues into compliance.
- Performs data entry of accounts payable information with accuracy and timeliness.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires with a proficiency typically attained with 5 years experience in accounting, finance, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related field within a large organization.
- Strong working knowledge of mathematics and general office procedures required.
- Must have professional computer proficiency with a working knowledge of various desktop software.
- Individual expected to maintain a professional demeanor, work independently and be able to maintain highly confidential data.
- Highly effective communication and organization skills are essential.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; working knowledge of Oracle is highly preferred; Healthcare experience preferred; Proficiency with 10-key calculator preferred.