Representative – Patient Registration JobGlendale, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Thunderbird is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located on the Banner Thunderbird Medical Center Campus, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the West Valley of the Phoenix community. This ASC can be adaptable to all specialties and offers 7 operating rooms, 8 Preop bays, 18 PACU Bays, and 23 hour observations. Banner Surgery Center – Thunderbird prides itself on its friendly and efficient environment ensuring that patients feel well cared for and their procedures are on time.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
- Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations, submits notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient’s demographics and accurately inputs this information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information and all consents and documentation required by the patient’s insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
- Verifies and understands insurance benefits, collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
- May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources. Assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
- Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
- Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Work to meet the patient’s needs in financial services.
- Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately. Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
- Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently.
- Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
- Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
- Previous cash collections experience is preferred.