Representative – Payment and Support Operations JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare Partners exists to form strategic partnerships with health systems across the nation to develop, manage and operate Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in their markets. As a key player in this rapidly growing healthcare segment, we are committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Our daily focus revolves around our core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.
In addition to fostering a workplace that encourages professional growth and advancement, we provide industry-leading health and dental benefits, paired with a matching retirement package. We look forward to you being a vital part of our journey in shaping the future of healthcare.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Representative- Payment & Support Operations
The Representative - Payment & Support Operations is responsible for the performance of the payment team under the direction of the Payment manager or supervisor. This includes coordinating and facilitating the resolution of post-adjudication payments and credits for both patients and payers.
- Appropriately resolve accounts with post-adjudication patient and credit balances and remove barriers to the team’s success.
- Work with other departments, including accounting and third parties to pursue and resolve patient balances and credits as well as payer credits.
- Works with payment team leadership to determine the appropriate team goals to meet the business needs and directs the execution of the payment team workflow to hit the agreed-upon targets.
- Exhibits an interest in technology, automation and data driven solutions to the team’s business challenges.
- May work payments, adjustments, claims, correspondence, refunds, denials, financial/charity applications, and/or payment to help the team meet goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and physician office staff as necessary ensure correct processing.
- Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, departments or provider offices. Identifies trends in payment issues and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
- Proposes and uses systems to document and to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors and Revenue Cycle stakeholders accurately.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services, or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
- Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
- Additional experience and/or education preferred.
- Work experience with the Company’s systems and processes is preferred.
- Previous cash posting, collections, and payment experience is preferred.