Representative – Scheduling JobTucson, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
This position is responsible for acting as a customer-oriented liaison between physician offices and the surgery center. The primary functions include scheduling surgical procedures using a computerized scheduling system and entering all applicable patient demographic and billing information into the system.
- Coordinates case times for elective procedures in a computerized scheduling system. Verifies and reviews physician privilege status prior to scheduling. Interfaces with medical staff office to maintain log of current privilege status and maintains confidentially of all information. May acquire and maintain physician preference information and staff roster.
- Acquires authorization numbers, History and Physicals, results of laboratory tests and verifies they are current. Orders previous medical records for the day of the procedure, when necessary.
- Types and prints physician orders for multiple physicians and departments. Schedules and maintains physician block time, and block time releases in partnership with CEO and BD to optimize schedule.
- Enters physician’s orders for lab, blood bank, medical imaging, and cardiology. Enters results of diagnostic tests, patient registration information and patient charges. Compiles data and prepares statistical reports for management.
- Organizes and/or prioritizes case volume growth initiatives.
- Works with internal Atlas team members and the CEO to identify growth opportunities and mitigate threats to poor customer service experienced by the physician offices.
- Performs physician office site visits with the Business Development team to build customer relationships and address any service concerns they have.
- Executes and documents all activities specified in the Scheduler’s initiative. Participates in quarterly business development strategic meetings.
- Acts as a patient liaison to the surgery center. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, and families and answers questions about policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison among nursing, physicians and staff to relay patient data. Screens requests for patient information and refers to appropriate staff.
- Other duties deemed necessary by the CEO in order to ensure the highest levels of customer service for the physicians, their offices, and all surgery center staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the
incumbent's immediate manager.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
- Requires effective teamworking skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
- The position requires knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and the ability to use computerized scheduling systems.
- Must possess the ability to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports.
- College degree preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- Possesses skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in an acute care environment, central scheduling or physician office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, payor contract terms and processes.