Supervisor – Accounts Payable JobPhoenix, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
To supervise and coordinate the daily functions of accounts payable staff; and to ensure that all accounting functions are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in accounts payable functions.
- Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance as needed.
- Focus on implementing process improvements to increase monthly accounts payable productivity and increase operational efficiency.
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices for multiple entities.
- Prepare and perform weekly check runs.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Coordinate receipt of new vendor information when applicable.
- Monitor Vendor Accounts to ensure payments are up to date; field incoming phone calls and e-mails regarding invoice payments.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies; partner with ASC Staff and Vendors.
- Participate in monthly financial closing process.
- Reports problems and needs for improvements to the AP Manager.
- Annual preparation of 1099’s for multiple entities.
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires with a proficiency typically attained with 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, finance, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related field within a large organization.
- Strong working knowledge of mathematics and general office procedures required.
- Must have professional computer proficiency with a working knowledge of various desktop software.
- Individual expected to maintain a professional demeanor, work independently and be able to maintain highly confidential data.
- Highly effective communication and organization skills are essential.
- Data Entry, document management, file creation and accounts payable experience preferred; Healthcare experience preferred; Proficiency with 10-key calculator preferred.