Surgical Technician JobLenox, MI
Why You'll Love This Job
Corewell Health Surgery Center in Lenox, managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners, is a leading healthcare destination in Lenox Township. Specializing in Orthopedics and Podiatry, this facility boasts two state-of-the-art Operating Rooms. This facility is committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service, as exemplified by its AAAHC certification.
Pay Class: Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure.
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BLS required. Where applicable, must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
- The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations.
- The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
- Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience.