Surgical Technician JobMesa, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Desert is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Located on the Banner Desert Medical Center campus, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the heart of Mesa. This ASC is adaptable to all specialties and offers six operating rooms and one procedure room. Banner Surgery Center – Desert prides itself on service excellence by going the extra mile to provide individualized attention to both physicians and patient.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BLS required.
- Where applicable, must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
- The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations.
- The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
- Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience.