Surgical Technician JobTucson, AZ
Why You'll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Alvernon is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located across the street from Banner University Medical Center Tucson, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in the Tucson Community. This ASC is adaptable to all specialties and offers two operating rooms, eight Preop/PACU Bays, and a Consultant Room. Banner Surgery Center – Alvernon prides itself on its friendly and knowledgeable team that is fully committed to ensuring exceptional physician experience.
Atlas Healthcare and Banner Health have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, our focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
$2500 Sign-On Bonus!
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments.
- Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure.
- Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
- High school diploma or GED required. BLS certification required.
- The Surgical Technician requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations.
- The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
- Must be registered with State Regulatory Agency where applicable.
- Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 1 year of operating room experience. Recent Orthopedic experience strongly preferred.