Vice President – ASC Operations Job USA
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare Partners exists to form strategic partnerships with health systems across the nation to develop, manage and operate Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in their markets. As a key player in this rapidly growing healthcare segment, we are committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Our daily focus revolves around our core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.
In addition to fostering a workplace that encourages professional growth and advancement, we provide industry-leading health and dental benefits, paired with a matching retirement package. We look forward to you being a vital part of our journey in shaping the future of healthcare.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
Vice President - ASC Operations
- The Vice President – ASC Operations – is responsible for operational strategy, new center onboarding, orchestrating growth strategies and program development, management and renewal of business contracts, and effective governance of centers in their Regions.
- The role has oversight of administrative and clinical operations and performance improvement initiatives across their regional portfolio of centers. Engaging the center leadership, e.g. CEO, the RVP plans, organizes, directs, and manages all center activities to achieve market performance targets and works toward continuous improvement.
- Develops and maintains a strong partnership with physician leadership, and Board Members. Actively supports the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Oversees a portfolio of ASCs across a geographic area, providing leadership support to center leadership, employees and physicians.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and positive relationships with physicians. Develops programs to foster physician engagement and satisfaction and increase employee satisfaction and patient loyalty. Guides the implementation of these initiatives across their region.
- In partnership with the ASC CEO, collaborates with functional department leadership to operationalize the acquisition of new facilities and the expansion of service sites to include new building opportunities, lease agreements, and space and capacity management. Partners with support departments such as business development, HR, facilities, and regulatory operations to ensure a successful transition and opening of new sites. Design and implementation of such opportunities are focused to prosper growth, access to care, and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Under the direction of the Market President, plans and implements strategic initiatives across the ASCs to align with the goals and vision of the organization. Independently leads teams of peers and associates to guide the execution of operational, IT, marketing, patient experience, patient access, revenue cycle, and process improvement projects across all Centers in the market. Assists in the development and implementation of the annual operating plan for the ASCs.
- Orchestrates in partnership with Centralized Services the revenue cycle functions, including front-end registration, POS collections, charge entry, and back-end denials. In partnership with Financial Planning & Analysis orchestrates the development of annual operating plans and capital budgets for the Centers in their portfolio. Monitors and ensures achievement of annual operating plans across all Centers.
- Ensures overall compliance with legal, regulatory, and quality requirements. Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Works with ASC leaders to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patients through the facility and achievement of operational excellence metrics. Works collaboratively with central support departments, such as patient scheduling and insurance verification, to ensure optimum operational effectiveness. Monitors room utilization to achieve maximum efficiency. Oversees staff productivity by ensuring appropriate staffing levels to match volumes and industry standards; partners with ASC Leadership to review staff productivity/Center volumes and recalibrate staffing and facility resources as required.
- The scope and span typically cover a multitude of multi-disciplinary facilities, matrixed reporting indirect reports, and a significantly large number of providers. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership staff, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community. This position promotes a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Partners with Market President and Atlas Executive Leadership Team to provide oversight of the financial and operational performance in its clinical practices and training activities.
- Responsible for growing ASC’s revenue and works closely with various Atlas departments, including business development, managed care, and clinical, to support growth initiatives and to meet the business needs of the market.
- Provide strategic guidance for new contracts, negotiating and approving agreements as needed.
- Develops, executes, and drives innovative marketing/development plans to support growth and profitability.
- Responsible for developing and driving solutions to overcome challenges associated with a competitive, complex, and highly regulated market to introduce successful business models tailored to their specific market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Minimum of 8 – 10 years of progressive career history with a solid foundation of general management principles and strong financial acumen within the healthcare industry.
- Experience with strategic planning and business development across various markets.
- Experience growing and scaling an innovative service-oriented business model.
- Operational and strategic experience. Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, contracts, partnerships, and corporate governance.
- Sound understanding of risk management. Experience with leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Previous Medical Practices experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.