Vice President – Development Job USA
Why You'll Love This Job
Atlas Healthcare Partners exists to form strategic partnerships with health systems across the nation to develop, manage and operate Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in their markets. As a key player in this rapidly growing healthcare segment, we are committed to providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Our daily focus revolves around our core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results.
In addition to fostering a workplace that encourages professional growth and advancement, we provide industry-leading health and dental benefits, paired with a matching retirement package. We look forward to you being a vital part of our journey in shaping the future of healthcare.
Pay Class: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Development is responsible for establishing and executing market strategies within the assigned territories. The Vice President of Development will serve as a key advisor and lead, manage, and execute development activities in an effort to propel the organization’s growth.
- Ensuring the Atlas development department is profitable as well as delivering on performance expectations for assets presented and approved.
- Deliver growth results to position Atlas overall to become the partner of choice for the world’s best health systems and physicians.
- Responsible for progressing towards the achievement of long-term market strategy and financial measurement.
- Pursuing and assessing acquisition, merger, and de novo opportunities.
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge of select markets(s) and local healthcare dynamics, building strategy in tandem with key stakeholders.
- Managing all phases of the development and/or redevelopment of assigned properties from the time of initial due diligence & site acquisition through stabilized occupancy.
- Building and maintaining a network of relationships in target markets (physicians, ASC CEOs, health system leadership, etc.)
- Making determination and recommendations to leadership and JV Board as to whether the proposed transaction is one that should be pursued, accounting for the resources required.
- In partnership with operations executives, structure the proposed transaction, develop the business plan, and manage the legal, compliance, and executive approvals required.
- Leads deal negotiations and partnered closely with legal counsel on the execution of definitive transaction documents (e.g., Purchase Agreement, Management Agreement, and Operating Agreement) to support the successful execution of partnership opportunity.
- Set appropriate expectations with internal/external stakeholders to ensure that communication and deliverables are accurate and prompt.
- Conducting all business matters with the highest degree of integrity and ensuring that a culture of compliance is fostered to enhance the company's credibility and reputation.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated expert financial and analytical skills.
- Proficient skillset using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to convey the appropriate insights.
- Refined sales skills.
- Strong presentation skills in one-on-one, executive briefings and large audience settings.
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Master’s Degree in related field. Additional relevant experience is preferred.